Well, it's starting to get cold here in Upstate NY, so I finally decided to pack away my summer clothes and break out the good ole winter gear! I know switching your closet over for the winter may seem like a dreadful task, but I'm here to help make it easier for you!
In my opinion, you should always keep a few lighter pieces from your summer wardrobe on hand, just in case mother nature decides to surprise us with a warmer day here or there. They always make great layering pieces. In this case, I will keep two lightweight Woolx tops in my wardrobe, one long sleeve and one short sleeve, for this reason. You do want to make sure to only keep 1-2 lighter summer tops; you don't want to overload your closet.
Another great tip is to lay out all your cold-weather pieces and categorize them based on style. For example, one pile for sweaters, one pile for leggings, one pile for coats and jackets, etc. Then from there, pick 3-5 of your favorite pieces from each pile to keep and pack away the rest. This will help keep your wardrobe simple and tidy. Having a simpler wardrobe also helps to make outfit choices much easier and sparks creativity by challenging you to create new outfits with minimal options!
Lastly, always make sure to have enough clothing in your "capsule" wardrobe to last you a week or so of wear. That way, you're not constantly doing laundry and running out of clean clothes. However, an easy solution to this would be to invest in merino clothing. You don't have to go out tomorrow and buy hundreds of dollars worth of merino, but it does help to have at least a few merino tops and leggings on hand, as they can be worn several times without washing and are great investment pieces in the long run.
If I had to create a capsule wardrobe strictly from Woolx pieces, here's what I'd pick and why:
‣ Hannah Crew (comparable men's style: Explorer Crew): I love the Hannah. It is such a versatile top. I use it as a base layer mostly, but it does have gorgeous princess seams, so you could wear it alone with some jeans as well! I feel everyone should have a basic long sleeve crew in their wardrobe and our Hannah Crew is the perfect choice for this.
‣ Eva Tunic (for men, swap out with Jackson Henley): The Eva Tunic is an adorable top to pair with leggings and boots. You could even dress it up with a vest or blazer for work. The fit is so flattering, and the length is perfect, as it's just long enough to cover your butt, but not too long where it looks like you're wearing a dress with tights. If you're not keen on v-necks, we do offer the Blair Tunic as well!
‣ Liza Tee (comparable men's style: Endurance Tee): Now this is where the lightweight tip comes in! The Liza Tee would be my first pick to keep in my winter wardrobe. It has a loose relaxed fit, so I can wear it comfortably while running errands on those unexpectedly warmer winter days (days like that do exist here in NY), or I can throw it on at home to lounge around in. Since it's a lighter weight, you can also wear it as a base layer. However, I know some people don't like the feeling of a short sleeve shirt underneath a long sleeve shirt, so if you are one of those people, check out the Remi Long Sleeve Top instead!
‣ Lola Joggers: These joggers are my holy grail item from Woolx. I tell everyone about them and I wear them way more than I should, haha. These are the perfect pant to have in your capsule wardrobe. The reason is..... they are EXTREMELY versatile. They are so comfortable and cozy to lounge in on those lazy days, but you can also dress these babies up and wear them out! When we first released these, I had a customer tell me she wore these out to dinner with a dressier top and heels. That just proves the versatility of these joggers!
‣ Stella Leggings (comparable men's style: Arctic Leggings): Self-explanatory. You have all heard enough about these. They're the perfect leggings for cold weather. They're the perfect weight, the right amount of thickness, comfortable, flattering fit, etc. Get you a pair!
‣ Sawyer Shacket (comparable men's style: Wilder Shirt Jac): The Sawyer Shacket is the new girl on the block, and boy, does she turn heads! This has to be one of my favorite styles we've ever released. Not only are shackets a trend right now, but ours is just so cozy and soft. Nicole hit it out of the park with all the details on this one! It's a must-have.
Alright! Those are all my tips on the subject! I hope this blog post is helpful to any of those looking to start a capsule wardrobe and downsize their closet!